We know that being a homeowner requires maintenance. Different seasons require different maintenance. Here are a few tips that we found helpful for the winter months.
- A properly insulated attic can help you shave anywhere from 10% all the way up to 50% off your heating bill.
- Turning off the water supply to your outside faucet is a good way to prevent from busted pipes.
- Proper chimney maintenance can not only save you money on your heating bill but can help keep your family safe.
- Make sure your gutters are fresh of debris to help prevent ice damaging and gutter back-up causing leads.
- Save up to 15% a year on your heating bill by turning your thermostat back 10 degrees to 15 degrees for 8 hours every day.
- Turn your water heater down to a normal setting of 120 degrees. Helping you save more then 7% on your heating bill.
- In the winter turn the switch on your fan to run clockwise at a low speed to help distribute the heat in your home.
- Reglaze or replace windows. Up to 25% of your heat loss in your home can come from uninsulated windows.
Hope your found these tips useful. For more homeowner tips. Check us out on Facebook @StrakaRE.