It is essential that your home is equipped with correctly installed smoke alarms. A smoke alarm might be the one thing that will save you and cut your risk of dying in a home on fire. We’ve included some tips about where your smoke alarms should be installed.
- Consider purchasing a smoke alarm with lithium cell battery, they have a life span of 10 years.
- Replace your smoke alarms every 10 years.
- They should be installed on every floor of your house, basement included.
- Preferably, install them on the ceiling.
- Place one in each bedroom and one outside every sleeping area in the home.
- They should be installed 10ft away from any cooking appliance.
For more home safety tips, follow us on facebook, https://www.facebook.com/StrakaRE.