Do you know the difference between the variety of finish paint has? We’ve compiled a list of the different kinds of finish for each base of paint.
- Matte or flat- There is no shine at all, used typically for ceilings to avoid too much reflecting light and in high-traffic areas like bathrooms and kitchens.
- Eggshell- Its a flat finish with a little luster (like a chicken’s egg). Perfect for areas that don’t receive a lot of scuffs, resist stains well and can be wiped with a wet rag. Typically used in bathrooms, kids rooms and kitchen.
- Satin- This has a pearl. like finish and is often described as velvety. Typically used in family room, foyers, hallways and bedrooms.
- Semi-gloss- It reflects more light. It also stands up best to water and cleaning making this great for kids room, bathroom, trim, doors or furniture.
- High-gloss- This is the most durable. Has the highest sheen and is the earliest to clean. It works best in sticky-finger areas, such as cabinets, trim and doors.
Hope these tips about the different finish of paint was helpful!