We know how important electrical safety is in your home. We’ve got a few safety tips every homeowner should know.
- When pulling out a plug, pull the plug itself and not the cord.
- Avoid heat and moisture, this could be hazardous.
- Never overload an outlet, reduce multi-outlet converters.
- Use plastic coverings for your outlets, this will child-proof the plug ins..
- Check your fuses, turn off appliances before replacing blown fuses.
- When something is not in use, unplug it.
- Inspect cords regularly for damage.
- Extension cords are used only for a temporary basis.
These are just a few tips, do you have more tips to add onto our list? If so, comment on our blog, we love hearing your ideas.